Friday, December 25, 2009

February 2009 (& some ongoing activities)

  • 1st – 14th - I did my 3rd annual “14 days of Valentines” for Brad again. This year I made Brad 14 different valentine cards.

  • 2nd – Started going walking with Jeannine at 6am a few mornings a week. It only lasted a month. Then Zumba took over.
  • 5th – Went out to dinner with some friends for Sandy’s birthday.
  • 5th – Thursday nights Brad went running with a group of friends.
  • 6th - We started painting our house. Brad couldn’t be convinced until then that painting was essential to selling the house. I was glad I was able to eventually convince him.
  • 7th - Played games with the Tony & Jeannine family. We try to do game night with them as frequently as possible.
  • 9th – The Ben & Jan family came over for FHE.
  • 10th - I went to MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) twice a month on Tuesdays during the 2008/2009 school year. Women of many faiths come together to support each other, learn, make crafts and eat.
  • 10th – Scriptures Study Enrichment Class. My friend Jeanne taught it once a month for about 6 months. It was an excellent class.
  • 11th - I started attending institute at Brad’s school at lunch every Wednesday (Feb-May). I love it! I had no idea they even had institute there or I would have started attending 2 ½ years previous.
  • 11th - We have “The Crafty Clique” (a group of women who like crafting) getting together once a month to do a variety of crafts. This month it was Felt Food and it was held at my house. In the past we have done Baby Wipe Case Covers (Feb 2008), Headbands for baby’s and little girls (March 2008), Cake Decorating (April 2008), Chunky Rings (May 2008), Tutu’s (Aug 2008), Cake Make and Take Plates (Sept 2008), and Wall Art (Jan 2009).

  • 14th - We went to the Annual Stake Valentines dance.
  • 17th - I had the book club meeting at my place. A group of friends get together every month to eat and discuss pretty much everything, but the book we read. It’s a lot of fun! (Sept 08 - Chronicles of Narnia 1-3, Oct – Chronicles of Narnia 4-7, Nov – Princess Academy, Dec – A Christmas Carol, Feb – The Princess Bride, March - Wicked)
  • 20th – I went to a Stampin’ Up group once a month on Fridays. We make cards and other paper crafts. I’ve done this now for the three years I lived in San Antonio and two years in Edmonton.
  • 21st - Brad did the Calaveras Duathlon.

  • 22nd – My nephew Carter was born.

  • Park Day every Thursday for the whole time I’ve lived in San Antonio.
  • Playgroup every Friday has been going for about a year.
  • Brad woke up early to an orange glow outside the window. Apparently our neighbour’s shed two doors down was on fire and spreading quickly. He called the fire department. Fortunately it didn’t reach us, but our neighbour right next door had about $50,000 damage done to his property.

0 people know I like comments: